Who I am . . .
- Name: Richard J. Furnstahl
- Title: Professor,
- Degrees: B.S. MIT, 1981;
Ph.D. Stanford University, 1986
- Spouse: Terri Stankiewicz
Where I am . . .
- Office: M2048 Physics Research Building (mezzanine, not 2nd
- Office phone: (614) 292-4830
- Fax: (614) 292-7557
- Department address: 191 W. Woodruff Ave., Columbus, OH 43210
- Email: furnstahl.1 at osu.edu
What I do . . .
Nuclear Theory Group
- Research interests:
- effective field theories and renormalization group for few- and many-body systems
- quantum chromodynamics and nuclear phenomena
- relativistic field theory at finite temperature and/or density
- computational methods and high-performance computing
- physics education, particularly for upper-level physics courses
- Current graduate students:
- Sushant More,
M2060 Physics Research Bldg., x2-1648, sushant.2811 at gmail.com
- Kyle Wendt,
M2060 Physics Research Bldg., x2-1648, kylewendt at gmail.com
- Former graduate students:
- Eric Anderson,
graduated with PhD 2012, E.R.Anderson at unc.edu
- Anirban Bhattacharyya,
graduated with PhD 2005,
anirban6 at gmail.com
Jurgenson, graduated with PhD 2009
jurgenson2 at llnl.gov
Ramanan, graduated with PhD 2007, suna at cts.iisc.ernet.in
- John Rusnak, graduated with PhD
1997, john.j.rusnak at lmco.com
- Negussie Tirfessa, graduated with PhD 2001,
intirfessa at mcc.commnet.edu
- Trey White, graduated with MS 1996, whitejbiii at ornl.gov
- Courses in 2009-2013:
Analytic and Numeric Methods of Physics [Au11,Au12],
Computational Physics (6810/780.20)
Physics H133 [Sp10,Sp11,Sp12],
Many-Body Physics: EFT, RG, and Computation
- Department Committees:
Undergraduate Studies Committee, CME Faculty Search Committee
More information . . .
Selected preprints and publications . . .
A (mostly) complete list is available
Dick Furnstahl's Home Page.
Last modified: 01:47 am, December 08, 2012.