Dick Furnstahl's Home Page
Who I am . . .
- Name: Richard J. Furnstahl
- Title: Professor,
- Degrees: B.S. MIT, 1981;
Ph.D. Stanford University, 1986
- Spouse: Terri Stankiewicz
Where I am . . .
- Office: M2048 Physics Research Building (mezzanine, not 2nd
- Office phone: (614) 292-4830
- Fax: (614) 292-7557
- Department address: 191 W. Woodruff Ave., Columbus, OH 43210
- Email: furnstahl.1 at osu.edu
What I do . . .
Nuclear Theory Group
- Research interests:
- effective field theories and renormalization group for few- and many-body
- quantum chromodynamics and nuclear phenomena
- relativistic field theory at finite temperature and/or density
- computational methods and high-performance computing
- physics education, particularly for upper-level physics courses
- Current graduate students:
- Alex Dyhdalo,
M2043 Physics Research Bldg., x7-2367, dyhdalo.2 at osu.edu
M2043 Physics Research Bldg., x7-2367, melendez.27 at osu.edu
M2043 Physics Research Bldg., x7-2367, wesolowski.14 at osu.edu
- Former graduate students:
- Eric Anderson,
graduated with PhD 2012, E.R.Anderson at unc.edu
- Anirban Bhattacharyya,
graduated with PhD 2005,
anirban6 at gmail.com
Jurgenson, graduated with PhD 2009,
jurgenson2 at llnl.gov
Sushant More, graduate with PhD 2016,
sushant.2811 at gmail.com
Alex Perhac, graduated with MS 2016, perhac.1 at osu.edu
- Sunethra Ramanan, graduated with PhD 2007, suna at cts.iisc.ernet.in
- John Rusnak, graduated with PhD
1997, john.j.rusnak at att.net
- Negussie Tirfessa, graduated with PhD 2001,
intirfessa at mcc.commnet.edu
- Kyle Wendt, graduated with PhD 2013, kylewendt at
- Trey White, graduated with MS 1996, whitejbiii at ornl.gov
- Courses in 2011-2016:
Analytic and Numeric Methods of Physics
Computational Physics (6810/780.20)
Physics H133 [Sp11,Sp12],
Nuclear Few- and Many-Body Physics[Au14],
Topic in Nuclear Physics[Au15]
- Department Committees:
More information . . .
Selected preprints and publications . . .
A (mostly) complete list is available
Dick Furnstahl's Home Page.
Last modified: 08:18 am, March 09, 2017.