Warning on usage: Copyrighted materials is
noted. US laws allows me as an instructor to use them by the
fair use doctrine under the assumption that no essay
gets used more than a few times a year by isolated students. If I find
to the contrary I remove it.
Collection of Resources
- Online information
- American Heritage
- Merriam-Webster Dictionary
- Oxford English Dictionary
- Encyclopaedia Brittanica Syntax: " ", ( ), AND/+,
NOT/-, OR, * also &
- Database and other resources
- Writing Skills Resources
- OWL: Online writing laboratory
- OSU Writing Center, 688-4291 or 292-5607, 485 Mendenhall Lab.
- The WC provides free tutorial services at any stage of the
- writing process, except proofreading. Call for appointment.
- Consulting Services for GEC writing course instructor.
485 Mendenhall, 8-5888; Roger Cherry, Director, 8-5865. firstname.lastname@example.org
Grammar and Style Notes by Jack Lynch
- Ronald Standler's Technical
Elements of Style; Short list
Elements of Style for Web Design, Christine Quinn
- Allyn and Bacon Site on
- Text/exercises from
"The Craft of Scientific Writing" by M Alley, 3rd edition
- Assessments and essays
- Grading your own talk
(before giving it)
- Style: for reader or writer
- Reinventing physics: search for real
frontier Robert Laughlin 2005
- Procrastinationes, can you
be cured? 2005
- Dangers of procrastination 2002
- Value of planning ahead,avoiding
- Killing a Elephant, excellent
example of point of view in describing an experience (by George Orwell)
- Owing a written explanation to the
widest possible audience -- a defense of why science needs to be
explained and how one person does it.
- On screen reading more
- Freshmen assess their abilities
- E-Mail and the Law of
- The challenge of communicating science to
- The End of Ingenuity
or the exponential catches up.
- Fear of speaking
- Preoccupied by physics
- Sleep deprivation,
quiz on sleep, with answers,
Price for cheating on sleep
- The more things change ...
- Variety of learning styles
- Grammatically incorrect
- Proofreading exercises
- Noodling around: Editors I have known and loved
Your comments and
suggestions are appreciated.
[Wilkins Home Page]
Want to print this page? Use this
To cite this page:
[Tuesday, 21-Apr-2015 05:48:30 EDT]
Edited by: email@example.com on
Saturday, 22-Dec-2007 11:41:53 EST