1. During sleep, your brain rests; False.
2. You cannot learn to function normally with one or two fewer hours of sleep a night than you need; True.
3. Boredom makes you feel sleepy, even if you have had enough sleep; False.
4. Resting in bed with your eyes closed cannot satisfy your bodys need for sleep; True.
5. Snoring is not harmful as long as it does not disturb others or wake you up; False.
6. Everyone dreams every night; True.
7. The older you get, the fewer hours of sleep you need; False.
8. Most people do not know when they are sleepy; True.
9. Raising the volume of your radio will help you stay awake while driving; False.
10. Sleep disorders are mainly due to worry or psychological problems; False.
11. The human body never adjusts to night shift work; True.
12. Most sleep disorders go away even without treatment; False.
Copyright 1998 The New York Times Company