Referee Report of Policy Paper
DUE: 10:00 a.m. 22 May 2001
- Science. What policy is being advocated? Is the
science clearly explained & does it justify the proposed policy?
Are serious objections to the poicy admitted and answered?
- Structure. Is the paper aided by its structure --
(i) division into major sections, (ii) their development into
paragraphs, and (iii) cumulative progress to main conclusion?
- Illustration. Is the illustration clear & helpful to the
paper's argument? Does the text cite/use the illustration? Does
illustration's caption clearly explain its point/importance?
- Abstract, Intro & Conclusion. Does the ...
- Abstract: Identify main points, science, and results? Is the
proposed policy specified?
- Introduction: Clearly present topic strings that
drive the paper?
- Conclusion: Summarize the main points of the paper,
including the proposed policy? Does it introduce new material not
covered in the paper?
- Topic Sentences. Underline the topic
sentences in the text. Comments?
Return the paper with this report.
Author:___________ Reviewer: __________