Comments on Topic-Sentence Outline
THM: maybe point 1 or 9 below.
- 1. Solar power is currently not a viable source of energy that could be used as a base load compared to other energy sources.
- 2. Energy from photovoltaic cells can only be harnessed during hours of uninterrupted sunlight.
- 3. Solar panels have low efficiencies compared to other sources as well as low theoretical efficiencies.
- 4. The economic costs of solar power are currently too high to justify implementation in residential and industrial regions.
- 5. Solar power generates very few emissions compared to other sources of power such as coal or oil and is completely renewable.
- 6. Solar power can be a competitive source of power during peak load hours.
- 7. Solar panel technology has gotten cheaper and will continue to get cheaper to where it will reach grid parity in more regions of the United States.
- 8. The southwestern region of the United States, specifically the Mojave Desert is an area where solar power would best be utilized.
- 9. Solar power will be a viable tertiary source of power in specific regions in the future given the fact the price of solar per kWh will decrease as the price of electricity increases.
This was TSO for team with each member responsible for 2+ TS.
jww revised tso
THM Solar can supplment peak power since the sun shines then and
its price ...
- Solar power electricity price is "competitive" compared to other
[Replace eia nos. for few new base load sources starting in 2020):
solar (12.5 ¢/kWh); nuke (9.5) gas (7.5-11.4) coal (9.5-14.4).]
- Solar power is renewable.
- Solar power has few emssions (smog, particulates) vs coal.
- Solar panels will get competitive with other power in the SouthWest.
THM Wind energy is effective because it (1) is a clean energy source; (2) it can be a cost effective resource that (3) technology has
- 1. Wind power plants emit zero air pollutants and greenhouse gases
- 2. Wind power is one of the lowest-priced renewable sources costing 4-6 kW
(jww/eia: 7.5 in 2020.)
- 3. Wind farms utilize a fairly small amount of land so farming can occur around the turbines
- 4. The government sponsored Wind Program has helped improved efficiencies of wind technology (jww: lots of work abroad.)
- 5. Offshore Wind Energy is currently being researched as wind offshort is stronger and more consistent (jww/eia: 17.6 in 2020.)
Comments on Figures
Lettering should be large -- 18 pt. For vertical axis, parallel
Avoid colors as sole identification;
Supplement with unique symbol
or line struture (dashed, dashed-dot, etc.).
Try to put word label close
to the line or part of pie chart or ...
Caption should have the point of the figure.
Your comments and
suggestions are appreciated.
To cite this page:
[Wednesday, 21-Mar-2018 12:39:16 EDT]
Edited by: firstname.lastname@example.org on
Tuesday, 06-Oct-2015 13:20:03 EDT