Please nice netscape jobs. There are two ways to do this:
- After you started netscape, type top. Looking at the
list of jobs, find the PID of your netscape job; it is the first entry.
type: r 19 <PID>
- Alternately in your alias file (.aliases, for example which is sourced
by .cshrc upon login) add an alias such as
alias net '(/usr/bin/nice -n 19
/usr/local/bin/X11/netscape \!* >& /dev/null)' &
It must be a single line.
If you always logon to the same starter page, you can replace
\!* with that web address. Otherwise this alias will take any address.
If you don't like typing http:// you can replace \!* with http://\!*
Leave netscape jobs nicely. In the options under "File"
use the "Exit" option prior to logging out. If you don't do this, you
None of these will be appreciated by others using the same host.
- leave a netscape job running;
- leave lots of junk in your host's /tmp directory.
- leave lots of junk in your .netscape and .netscape/cache (or
Your comments and
suggestions are appreciated.
To cite this page:
Edited by: firstname.lastname@example.org on