David G. Stroud
| Professional Experience
| Principal Visiting Positions
[ Honors, Awards, and Fellowships
| Selected Other Activities
| Research Interests
| List of Publications
- Department of Physics
- Ohio State University
- 174 W. 18th Avenue
- Columbus, OH 43210
- Tel: (614) 292-8140
- Fax: (614)292-7557
- email: email@example.com
- B. A. in Physics, Stanford University, 1964, with
Distinction in Physics, Honors in Humanities, and Phi Beta Kappa.
- M. A. in Applied Physics, Harvard University, 1966
- Ph. D. in Applied Physics, Harvard University, 1969.
- Postdoctoral Researcher, Laboratory of Atomic and
Solid State Physics, Cornell University, 1969-71.
- Assistant Professor of Physics, Ohio State University, 1971-76.
- Associate Professor of Physics, Ohio State University, 1976-81.
- Professor of Physics, Ohio State University, 1981-present
- Physicist, Lawrence Livermore Laboratory, Livermore, CA,
- Visiting Fellow, Division of Applied Sciences, Harvard
University, Sept. - Dec., 1977.
- Visiting Associate Professor, Tel Aviv University, Spring, 1978
- Visiting Scientist, Schlumberger-Doll Research Laboratories, Ridgefield,
CT, 1982 and 1983.
- Professeur Associe, University de Paris VI, Paris, Spring, 1985.
- Visiting Scientist, Department of Applied Physics, Stanford
University, January-March, 1996.
- Fellow, American Physical Society, 1991.
- Distinguished Scholar Award, Ohio State University, 1996.
- NASA Commendation for Contributions to Experiment Flown on
Orbiter ``Columbia,'' 1997.
- Excellence in Graduate Teaching Awards, 1997, 1999, and 2005
(from physics graduate students).
- Divisional Associate Editor, Physical Review Letters (Condensed
Matter Physics), 1998-2001.
- Co-Organizer, Materials Research Society Symposium on Microscopic
Simulations of the Surface Properties of Solids and Liquids, held
as part of the national meeting of the Materials Research Society,
Boston, MA, December, 1997.
- Director, Summer School on Physics of Porous Media, International Centre
for Theoretical Physics, Trieste, Italy, 1987.
- Member, International Advisory Committees, Conferences on Electrical
Transport and Optical Properties of Inhomogeneous Media), Paris, 1988;
Mexico, 1993; Moscow, 1996; Hong Kong, 1999; Utah, 2002.
- Member, NASA Advisory Panel on Colloidal Suspensions, 1992.
- Member, NASA Advisory Panel on Quantum Well Composites, 1992.
- Member NSF Panel on Illinois Science and Technology Center on
High-Temperature Superconductivity, 1988.
- Co-Organizer, Midwest Solid State Theory Conference, 1979.
- Co-Organizer, First Conference on Electrical Transport and Optical
Properties of Inhomogeneous Media (ETOPIM I), Columbus, 1977.
- Corresponding Investigator, U.-S./Israel Binational Science
Foundation Grant on Composite Media, with David J. Bergman,
1978-81 and 1984-2003.
- Consultant periodically for Chevron Oil Field Research Company
(La Habra, CA), Battelle Columbus Laboratories, Georgia Tech
Research Institute, Procter & Gamble (Cincinnati, OH).
- Optical Properties of granular media
- Josephson junction arrays; applications of small Josephson junctions in
- High-temperature superconductors, especially flux lattice melting and
effects of inhomogeneities
- Ab initio molecular dynamics studies of metals and semiconductors
(especially in the liquid and amorphous state)