Your Views on Short Talk
Scaled Scores: range 4-12; medium 8; average 8.
|Specific Main Points
|Quality: capture interest, ever lost
|Viewgraphs: clarity, main points, figures
|Organization: intro, development, summary
- Main Points. Often "take home message" the class
got was not mine. But we graded
on the uniformity of the class response.
- Quality. Read carefully what your classmates wrote. There is a
important information there, even if you don't like it.
- Viewgraphs. Look for specific complaints for things that
don't work. Many of my earlier points were the same as class.
- Type fonts are too small. Viewgraph hard to read.
- Figures not clear; point of figure not on viewgraph.
- Viewgraph didn't have main points. Had too much/little.
- Introduction missing; left out key ideas; only verbal.
- Summary missing, too short or weak.
- Development "jumped" around; was choppy;
classmate couldn't detect the flow of the argument.
- Comments individualized to each speaker. Read carefully
for clues for improving talk, especially "echos" from other items.