My Comments on Short Talk
That the talks were fairly good -- interesting subject and clear
presentation -- is evidenced by the fact that most talks attracted
Most comment problems
- Five talks 8 minutes or less, four talks 13 miniutes or more.
- Comments; generally mild (mumbling, nervousness)
- Missing introduction/development. See comments.
- Some could have had more details. Obvious for too short talks.
Viewgraphs that got the best response:
- Big type with reasonable space between lines.
- Each viewgraph confined to one main point
identified clearly, e.g, by informative title.
Viewgraphs that got least positive response:
- Didn't have a clear or announced point.
- Had unreadable figures.
- Had too small type font.
Disagreement over how much should be on a single viewgraph. But ...
If the speaker was well prepared with well-organized talk,
would accept viewgraphs with lot or little material
on each viewgraph.