Physics 880.05 Pictures
Here we list figures, pictures, graphs, etc. related to the course.
Many of these are scanned.
To make the figures from Wong's book, we scan at screen resolution
(72 dpi), enlarge them to a width of 7.5 inches or so, and convert
them to gifs. This makes small files and the resolution is not bad.
However, they look pretty bad when printed. Should we also save higher
resolution postscript files?
Chapter 2: Kinematic Variables
- Figure 2.1
- Comparison of light cone variable x_+ and rapidity y for
high-energy pp collisions.
Chapter 3: Nucleon-Nucleon Collisions
- Figure 4.15 from
- PP total and elastic cross sections.
- Figure 4.16 from
- Total and elastic cross sections for hadron-hadron collisions.
- Figure 3.1
- Average charged multiplicity for pp reactions
and e+e- annihilations.
- Figure 3.2
- Pseudorapidity distribution of charged particles
in pp reactions.
- Figure 3.3
- Differential invariant cross section
in pp reactions at fixed com energy as
function of p_T.
- Figure 3.4
- Invariant particle production cross sections
as function of transverse mass m_T.
- Figure 3.5
- Invariant cross section for pp as function
of p_T for two fixed values of x.
- Figure 3.6
- Differential cross section for pp as function
Chapter 4: Hard Processes in Nucleon-Nucleon Collisions
- Figure 4.2
- Leading diagram to find counting rules
for structure function.
- Figure 4.4
- Comparison of experiment and counting rule prediction
for pp scattering.
- Figure 5.3
- Figure 7.2
- Figure 12.1
- Figure 12.2
- Figure 13.1
- Figure 13.2
- Figure 13.3
- Figure 13.4
QCD Phase Transitions
RHIC Detectors (overview)
- STAR detector cartoon, taken from
- PHENIX detector cartoon, taken from
- PHOBOS detector cartoon, taken from
- BRAHMS detector cartoon, taken from
Return to 880.05 home page
Copyright © 1997,1998 Richard Furnstahl and James Steele.