Click for print version
Undergraduate Physics at The Ohio State University
Undergraduate Research, Research Events and Research Support
- Undergraduate Research Office The Ohio State University Undergraduate Research Office holds many events to inform and assist students wishing to be or already involved in undergraduate research
- Research at OSU Physics. This links to the research within the
Physics department. Several students have also found research opportunities within the Medical Center and/or engineering.
- INFORMATION ABOUT HOW TO GET STARTED IN UG PHYSICS RESEARCH. Below are some suggestions as to how to get information on getting involved in undergraduate research activity within the department of Physics.
- One of the major goals of the Society of Physics students SPS is to inform students about physics research for undergraduates at the Ohio State University Dept. of Physics.The organization holds bi-weekely meetings during the Autumn, Winter and Spring Quarters. Typically these meetings have been on Tuesday evenings however watch for the fliers in Smith labs for details.
- Joe Gartner (OSU Alumni, Class of SP 2006) has written a "manual" for How to get involved in Undergraduate Research. This manual provides excellent advice from the perspective of a student.
- Lindsey Perry firstname.lastname@example.org can provide personalized assistance with general questions regarding undergraduate research opportunities as well as research groups that *may* have openings.
- OHIO SECTION OF APS MEETING ABSTRACT DEADLINE: September 19, 2008.
The Ohio Section of the APS will hold its annual Autumn meeting October 10-11 at Wright State University in Dayton, OH. Undergraduate researchers are HIGHLY encouraged to present their work at this meeting either in the Friday evening poster session or during the oral presentations on Saturday morning. For more details: http://www.afit.edu/en/osaps08/
- The APS March Meeting will be held March 16-20, 2009 in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. This conference is a great place to learn about new, cutting edge
research from experts in the fields, and share your research with a poster or oral presentation. Abstracts are due Friday, November 21, 2008.
- TELR Research on Research, r2 Full-time, undergraduate students will be supported by TELR to collaborate with a faculty member or members during summer quarter to develop a multimedia research portfolio documenting research. TELR is looking for participants who are interested in exploring research areas together and who have a real interest in using technology to describe that research. Both faculty and students must apply. Details are available at the link above.
- COLLEGE OF ARTS AND SCIENCES UNDERGRADUATE RESEARCH SCHOLARSHIP - SPRING 2009 COMPETITION
Open to students who are
candidates for graduation with distinction or planning to complete an equivalent research project and have reached senior standing
at the time of the award. The scholarship provides awards generally ranging between $500 to $9000 to be applied toward University
- APPLICATIONS: Applications can be found here and be submitted to the ASC Honors Office, 207 Enarson
- APPLICATION DEADLINE: April 13, 2009
- DENMAN RESEARCH FORUM 2009
Denman Undergraduate Research Forum provides a means for undergraduate students to share their research with members and friends of The Ohio State University community; recognizes the significant contributions to research by Ohio State undergraduates; and facilitates exchange between students, faculty and the public. ALL STUDENTS CURRENTLY INVOLVED IN UNDERGRADUATE RESEARCH ARE ENCOURAGED TO PARTICIPATE.
- ABSTRACT DEADLINE: The deadline for 2009 is yet to be announced
- EVENT DATE: Wednesday May 13, 2009
- MORE INFORMATION AND ABSTRACT SUBMISSION: http://denman.osu.edu
- MAPS RESEARCH FORUM 2009
The College of Mathematical and Physical Sciences will be holding the MAPS RESEARCH FORUM during Spring Quarter. This is an opportunity for undergraduate majors to present their research in a friendly environment. ALL ARE ENCOURAGED TO PARTICIPATE:
- ABSTRACTS DUE: The deadline for 2009 is yet to be announced
- REGISTER AT: To be announced
- DATE OF EVENT: Friday April 24, 2009
- FURTHER INFO: Contact Dr. Anne Carey email@example.com